STATE GOVERNMENT ORGANISATIONS AND CORPORATIONS INVOLVED IN PROMOTION OF INDUSTRIES.
DEPM IPICOL OSFC OSIC DTET APICOL OFDC IIDCO
1. DIRECTORATE OF EXPORT PROMOTION & MARKETING (DEPM ). Directorate of Export Promotion and Marketing has been set up to promote export of goods from the State of Orissa and to provide marketing assistance to SSI units of the State. It disseminates market intelligence and overseas tender/trade enquiries among the existing and potential exporters/ entreprenuers of Orissa for their active Participation. It renders guidance in export processing, pricing of export items and on availability of different incentives for exports, granted by Govt. of India. It endeavours to establish infrastructure including establishment of Export promotion Industrial Park etc. This Directorate registers SSI Units and concludes rate contract for purchases by Govt. departments and undertakings.
2. INDUSTRIAL PROMOTION AND INVESTMENT CORPORATION OF ORISSA LTD. (IPICOL)
The Industrial Promotion & investment Corporation of Orisssa Ltd. (IPICOL) has been established with the principal objective of promoting large and medium scale industries in the State.
IPICOL through the Industrial Co-ordination Bureau provides assistance and guidance to tntreprenuers in project identification, project finance, preparation of project report, getting registration and licence, obtaining clearance from various authorities and statutory bodies and removal of operational constraints for medium and large scale units. It promotes Industries in joint sector by way of equity participation. It provides financial and managerial support for revival of sick units. The Foreign Investment Division of IPICOL is the single contact point for the NRIs and the foreign investors desirous of making investment in industrial projects.
3. INDUSTRIAL INFRASTRUCTURE DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION OF ORISSA ( IIDCO ).
The Industrial Infrastructure Development Corporation of Orissa(IIDCO) is the Nodal Agency for Providing industrial infrastructure needs to the enreprenuers intending to establish industrial ventures in Orissa.
* Establishment of Industrial Areas, Industrial Estates,Functional Estates, Growth Centres etc.
* Allotment of developed plots and built up sheds to entreprenuers on long term leasehold basis.
* Allotment of Commercial shops.
* Creation, improvement and maintenance of infrastructrual facilities.
* For the projects in large and medium sectors which can not be set up within the existing Estates, IIDCO helps them in identifying and acquiring private for the industry.
Industrial Growth Centres of about 1000acres each are being established at Duburi, Chhatrapur and Jharsuguda.
Three Mini Growth Centres are also being established at Khurda, Rayagada and Paradeep under the Integrated Infrastructure Devt. Scheme of Govt.of India. 100 acres of land will be developed for each Growth Centres.
Export Promotion Industrial Park, of about 205 acres of land with necessary infrastructure is being set up at Bhubaneswar under EPIP Scheme of Ministry of Commerce, Govt. of India. An Industrial park is being set up at Paradip as a joint venture with M/s Bang Pekong,Thailand with state of the art facilites.
A Soft ware Complex is being set up at Bhubaneswar for development of Electronic Projects with about 2,00,000 sft, area to accommodate different soft ware companies.
A Petro Chemical Complex at Paradeep over 3000 acres is being developed close to the proposed refineries of IOC and Nippon Denro.
4. ORISSA STATE FINANCIAL CORPORATION(OSFC) Website: http://www.stpbh.soft.net/osfc
The Orissa State Financial Corporation(OSFC) extends term loan upto a maximum of Rs.150.00 lakh for acquiring fixed assets, for setting up industries and also Provides working Capital assistance under Single window scheme. Priority is given to small and tiny sector industrial units in backward areas.
The Corporation provides term loan upto Rs. 150.00 lakhs to small and medium scale industries. Term loan are also provided to Hotels, Nursing Homes and Clinics, transport operators, quality control equipment, apollution control equipment, for modernisation, diversification and rehabilitation of existing industries.
The Corporation assists ex-Military persons under SEMFEX scheme. It also gives assistance to women entrepenures under "Mahila Udyam Nigam" scheme. It provides assistance under National Equity Fund for project cost upto Rs.10.00 lakhs and extends assistance under factoring services. (Linkage with OSFC site)
5. ORISSA SMALL INDUSTRIES CORPORATION (OSIC)
The Orissa Small Industries Corporation plays a vital role for promotion of small scale industries in the State. It provides marketing assistance and raw material assistance. It deals with quality raq materials like iron and steel, aluminiuml, wax rubber, plastics,coal,bitumen etc. OSIC also imports scare raw materials to meet the requirements of small scale industries.
The OSIC has been granted the status of a recognised Export House by the Govt. of India.
It extends finance for purchase of raw material credit scheme and also factors the bills of SSI units. It also obtains bulk orders for projects and products and offloads the same to the competent local SSI units.
6. DIRECTORATE OF TECHNICAL EDUCATION AND TRAINING. (DTET)(http://www.stpbh.soft.net/dtet)
Directorate of Technical Education & Training looks after the planning, implementation and monitoring of technical education at degree, diploma and craftsman training level. The State of Orissa is one of the very few States in the country where the technical education is under the direct administrative control of the Department of Industries. For rapid industrialisation, the role of technical education need not be everemphasized. The Industrial Policy 1996 has stressed the need for development of technical education and also encouraging participation of the private sector in the area so that the existing and upcoming industries do not face shortage of adequately skilled manpower.
The members of technical institutes functioning in the State alongwith their intake capacity is as follows:
Institution Number Intake capacity (annual) ---------------------------------------------- Engineering 20 4124 College.
Engineering 25 3550 Schools/ Polytechnics.
Industrial 114 16108 Training Institute
7. THE AGRICULTURAL PROMOTION AND INVESTMENT CORPORATION OF ORISSA LIMITED (APICOL)
It is the promotional organisation for providing assistance to agricultural enterprises and agricultural investors to begin, process, expand or modernise their enterprise. It helps promotion of agro-based industries in the State.
8. THE ORISSA FILM DEVELOPMENT CORPN.(OFDC).
Orissa Film Development Corpn. is the nodal Agency for growth, & development of film industries in the State. Various concessions, incentives are being extended to the exhibitors and film producers according to the industrial policy of the State through the Corpn.
In collaboration with the National Film Devt.Corpn, this State Govt. undertaking gives financial assistance to cinema houses for production of films, and creation of infrastructure in the State for production of films.
The Corporation helps new entreprenuers of Cinema houses by way of refund of entertainment of tax as per the Industrial policy of the State Govt. It also provides subsidy to producers of Oriya Feature Films.